Are you analytically minded, highly driven and have the ambition to develop in the area of Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) research? Do you enjoy working independently with many points of interaction? If so, you could be our next ESG Research Analyst.
Sustainability and impact investments is a cornerstone of our ambition to integrate societal impact into our core business and our vision to be recognised as the most trusted financial partner. When our customers entrust us with their assets and savings, it is our duty to serve their interests by providing investment solutions with the goal to deliver competitive and long-term performance.
Within ESG Research & Analytics, we are responsible for supporting the incorporation of ESG factors into our investment process. The function is an essential part of our long-term commitment to strengthening our sustainability practices and to meeting the expectations set by both our customers and the market. We are responsible for ESG data, tools, research and education. ESG Research & Analytics is part of the global Sustainability & Impact Investments organisation within Wealth Management.
You will work with our investment management teams to build a solid platform for data, research and analysis of ESG factors, and to interpret these and help the investment managers integrate ESG dimensions into investment processes and decisions. You will also play a key role in the ongoing development of our research and analytical tools. This role comes with a high level of responsibility and the freedom to create your own platform in a stimulating environment.
We offer you an opportunity to develop amongst our hard-working professional co-workers in true Nordic atmosphere. We have a positive working environment where personal development is highly encouraged and with leaders who inspire you to succeed.
The physical workplace is located Helsinki and some travelling must be expected.
Typical work day
• Help investment teams interpret ESG data & research
• Provide analysis of critical trends and issues, covering resource, social, political and economic dimensions, and able to draw succinct implications for investment decisions
• Conducting research to assess ESG risks/opportunities and strategies, to support portfolio management teams in ESG related issues
• Supporting the investment organization in ESG engagements
• Providing education and training on specific ESG risks to investment staff
• Assisting in the development and publication of ESG research
• Develop analytical models to enhance quality of research
• High level of expertise and keen interested in SI/ESG
• Quantitative analysis and data mining skills
• Comprehensive experience from the asset management and financial markets, with the ability to demonstrate the investment relevance of ESG issues
• Proven track record of taking initiative to research and resolve issues
• Strong communication and influencing skills when working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, with an initial focus on liaising with internal investment teams
Who are you?
To succeed, we believe you have excellent analytical abilities combined with great personal determination and drive. You are structured, flexible and fully capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and are open and responsive to the needs of your colleagues. The role requires excellent communication and listening skills, with the ability to pass on information in a clear and understandable way, present logical and coherent arguments and express yourself well in writing. You have at least three years’ experience of working with sustainability-related issues and/or investment analysis.
Are you interested?
If you would like to find out more about this position, please contact Rami Hakola, Head of Alpha Finland, on +358 (0)50 350 0871 or at email@example.com
or Erik Eliasson, Global Head of Research & Analytics on +46 (0)705- 55 63 86 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will start interviewing already during the application period so send in your application today - we look forward to hearing from you!
Send application and CV no later than 21.08.2019.