In order to keep eBanking safe, you also need to secure your computer. You should at least take these things into consideration:
- Update your operating system, browser and other software, such as Adobe Reader, Quick Time, Office-applications and Java, with the latest security patches from the vendor. Most programs offer an automated update feature, which we recommend you use.
- Use updated antivirus software and scan your computer regularly
- Use an updated personal firewall
- Use a browser, which supports at least 128-bit SSL encryption
In addition to the above, you can protect your computer against viruses, worms and other malware by being cautious when using the Internet or e-mail, or installing or downloading programs.
- Avoid suspicious websites and opening dubious links
- Do not open or install dubious files
- Do not open strange and dubious e-mail messages, their file attachments or links
- When you are installing software, remember to ensure that the installation CDs or DVDs come from a reliable software manufacturer and that the downloaded files come from reliable sites.